Thursday, October 2, 2008

Oral Hygiene

I have a quick-ish question: during your daily ablutions when you come to the brushing the teeth portion of the festivities, how do you apply the toothpaste to the teefs?

For to be examples please:

1. dry toothbrush, apply toothpaste, start brushing

2. dry toothbrush, apply toothpaste, wet toothbrush under faucet, start brushing

3. wet toothbrush under faucet, apply toothpaste, start brushing

4. wet toothbrush under faucet, apply toothpaste, wet toothbrush under faucet again, start brushing

5. forgo the whole toothbrush thing completely and just start mashing toothpaste on your teeth with your fingers

I'll tell you what I do. I'm a #4. Although I will sometimes be a #3. Are there other options on the brushing the teeth front of which I am unaware? Might you educate me on this? You might rabbit, you might. Leave yer comments please...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude,

I remember this same empassioned conversation ten years ago at ZDNet... #2. Dry, paste, wet, brush.

Jim D.

Anonymous said...

No, I lied. I just brushed and paid close attention. #4 it is.

Jim D.

Anonymous said...

the only option is #4. people who do any other option are freaks.

Scurvyann (Linda) said...

numbah FOAH. (4)
totally.
no contest.

Joanne said...

Since I'm also a #4, I figured I'd give it a second thought. Apparently, wetting the brush before the paste is a silly waste of water and effort but it makes us feel like somehow a half second of cold water is going to wash away any microbes that have landed since your last brushing (seeing as most of us park our brushes in very close proximity to wear icky things fly through the air). Doesn't make much sense, but it makes us feel better!!!