Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mike Schank RULES

I watched "American Movie" last night and lemme tells ya, what a fantastic documentary. I can't for the life of me remember who recommended it to me (Chris maybe? or did I just read about it somewheres? Like Pajiba? A.V. Club? I dun'member), but I had actually forgotten that it was even in my Netflix queue. So when it showed up Thursday I was like, oh yea, I wanted to see that. I'm really passionate about stuff huh?

But goddamn this movie rules. Specifically, MIKE SCHANK RULES. He is the king of non-sequitors. He's like a hairier, less verbal Karl Pilkington. Observe please (Mike's the guy in the purple hat):



But above all the Mike Schank-ness the movie itself is a great story about Mark Borchardt and his journey to get his short independent film "Coven" made while trying to keep the chaos that is his life from spinning out of control. Does he succeed? I ain't sayin'. Just watch the movie. You'll be glad you did.

UPDATE:
I have been informed that it was Jackie and Solh who told me about this movie. That makes sense since they call their oven "Oven". See the movie and you'll know how to pronounce that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FlunkyBoy, we, the legions who read your blog, would like to know who you will be endorsing in the upcoming presidential election, and why.