Monday, March 1, 2010

All the Thiiiiings Come Back to Yooooooooou

I was listening to ye olde iPod just now and a song came on that elicited a very strong "Oh god, I don't ever want to hear that song again" reaction. The song in question? "Dream On" by Aerosmith. Yea, I know. Shutup, I'm an old person. I think Aerosmith is one of those bands that should have broken up in 1977; maybe with the untimely death of Steven Tyler so that we would not have to see pictures of his old lady-lookin' ass anymore. Dude looks like an octogenarian.

So what songs do you NEVER have to hear again? I'm gonna list out a bunch that are currently stinking up my iPod that I have to purge. I'm sure I'm omitting quite a few that I would skip but these ones came up recently and my short term memory isn't what it used to be. Here they are in no particular order:
  1. Mr. Cab Driver - Lenny Kravitz (y'know, I pretty much never need to hear another song from this guy again. Consider yourself deleted Lenny).
  2. Smashing Pumpkins - I Am One (God, I think I'm going to blow them out of the 'pod as well. If I feel like listening to them I'll just tune in The Silversun Pickups and avoid Billy Corgan all together).
  3. Jesus Christ Pose - Soundgarden (yes, I know I said that I was done with them before...but I'm like that friend you have that always forgives the abusive spouse. "Aw, she said she's sorry. I'm sure it'll be different now." It never is though is it? Fuck you Cornell, you sexy cunt).
  4.  Paper Airplanes - M.I.A. (ok, it's catchy. Move along)
  5. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley (I love Cee-lo and Danger Mouse but this damn song finds the base of my spine and nests there, eating away at my brain. Out, damn spot!)
Looks like I have some work to do...leave examples of the songs that you would like to avoid in the comments area.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm so with you on "Crazy" by Gnarls. It almost makes my skin crawl.

"Waiting on the World to Change" is my least favorite John Mayer song. Eeew.

If I don't ever have to hear "I can't make you love me" by Bonnie Raitt then I could die a happy girl.