Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Goddamn, I Lead a Dull Life

I haven't updated in a bit. You know why I haven't updated in a bit? It's cuz I don't actually DO anything worth mentioning on a weekly basis. You know what I did this weekend? I waited for a contractor to come to bid on our re-vamped pantry project, I watched TV, I probably farted a lot, and I sat in front of my computer trying desperately to think of something interesting to write about. But the thing is, I'm genuinely not that interesting. I get up, go to work, do work stuff, come home, think about the work stuff I forgot to do when I was at work, watch TV, go to bed and start the same shit over again the next day. The weekends are a variance on the same theme. All you have to do is add some more sleep time and considerably more TV watching and you have a typical weekend for me. Maybe I'll toss in a couple loads of laundry just to justify my existence. It's dull, people. Dull, dull, dull.

I'm not complaining that my life is dull, oh no. I actually kinda like it. I don't have kids so I don't have to be all that responsible or occupied when I'm at home. My job doesn't usually interfere with my off-work time (it will on occasion and I've been known to stress over work stuff but for the most part I'm able to separate the two), so I don't often have that problem. I don't really have much in the way of things I absolutely have to get done nor do I have any real hobbies. I do have a list of shit that I really SHOULD be doing and/or completing (painting the spare bedroom, organizing the attic, fixing this and that; boring shit really) but since I have no discernible deadline for said tasks, I'm apt to let them slide. I'm lazy at the core of my being I believe. No, seriously, I am.

But I have assigned myself the task of updating this blog right? What I try to do is update it at least once a week but I just looked at the number of posts and clearly I've slipped a few times. But sometimes I update a couple times a week so I figure that must even out eventually right? Ideally I'd like to post stuff that is interesting and hopefully funny or whatever but I'm telling you...nothing interesting or funny is going on right now. I sat in front of the computer on Saturday just staring at the screen with nothing to say. I thought about maybe talking about the whole why I didn't finish college thing but that just bummed me out a bit so I nixed that idea (I'll prolly still do it eventually though. It's too fucked up not to talk about). I downloaded some podcasts to see if maybe that would inspire me with a topic but all it did was make me sit there and play Snood for several hours. See? Lazy.

But I do have something planned for later this week (oooh, a potential 2-post week! How fucking amazing!). I asked some friends if they would submit their interpretation of this story where I ended up crying on the corner in Brookline. I've got a couple drawings so far and I've seen drafts of an animated gif that almost made me spit coffee all over my keyboard. So I'm hoping all of these will be ready by the end of this week. Oh, and today is the Wiff's birthday. I got her some PJ's (cuz she loves those kind of things) and a couple of pieces from The Enormous Tiny Art Show up in Portsmouth, NH. Other than that, there's not much to report. I'm just gonna go back to work now.

No comments: