Monday, June 22, 2009

Lazy Post

So stupidly busy at work this week so I don't feel particularly creative. This is a good time for a list then yes? Yes. I'm sure that I've stolen this from another site but I can't place where I saw this before (Pajiba maybe?). At any rate, this is a list of movies that if I stumble across them on TV, even edited on TNT or something like that I'm probably going to hang out at least for a scene or two. These are not in any particular order, excepting as they came to me.

  • Groundhog Day - must stop every time even though I find Andie MacDowell incredibly irritating. Bill Murray is just perfect in this movie.
  • Young Frankenstein - I think I may know close to every line in this movie. I even like the slow 3rd act. Now, unfortunately it's become a game of "Guess Who's Dead" in that film.
  • Empire of the Sun - with Batman as a little kid! Wheeeeeee!
  • Blues Brothers - Another completely quotable movie. I always feel like I should like this movie more than I do. I'm just sort of "meh" about it but I have to stop when it appears on my screen. It's the law.
  • Glen Garry Glen Ross - Love this movie. I even like the awkward scene with Pacino and Jonathan Pryce when he's trying to get his check back from Roma. And Jack Lemmon OWNS this movie.
  • Repo Man - Another movie I find myself quoting a lot. Granted this one is a rare beast to stumble across but HBO goes through a spurt every now and then.
  • The Fifth Element - Such a fun movie. The silliness and sci fi stuff gets me hooked every time.
  • Shaun of the Dead - Didn't think I'd like this one (timid woodland creature after all) but it was too awesome to ignore. I should probably put Hot Fuzz in this list too.
  • Hot Fuzz - There, I did.
  • Better Off Dead - Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that.
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark - Of course I have to stop on this one.
There are probably others that I cannot remember at the moment.

3 comments:

Dee said...

I always stop to watch ground hog day and empire of the sun (love that movie). Also, this is a more recent one, forgetting sarah marshall, I've seen it 5 times so far, haven't gotten sick of it yet.

FlunkyBoy said...

That's a good'un. I've watched that one a few times already. Just thought of a couple more too. The Odd Couple, Biloxi Blues and The Sunshine Boys. I like me some Neil Simon apparently.

Dee said...

I know this is a holiday one, but I NEVER get sick of A Christmas Story.