Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yes, I know I stalled. Thank you for beeping at me. That's wicked helpful.

Done and done. We are now the proud owners of a diesel Jetta. Did I mention that it's a 5-speed? Oh, and that I haven't driven one in over 11 years? Note to self: budget new clutch for car in a few months.

We picked it up this afternoon and the Wiff drove the trusty Volvo home and I took the Jetta home (I have to name this one. Let's see, it's silver and it makes stinky diesel smells. Any suggestions?). Boy, stalling sucks. At one point I had decided to go see if Bruce and Rene were home and of course they live on a hill. You know what's not fun? Stalling in front of the guy who was just nice enough to let you go. I get to this intersection and I'm just waiting for my turn to make a left. I'm on a slight incline and this one guy gives me the "go ahead" wave. I think "thanks sucker!" and make my move. My move consisted of turning the car in front of this guy and BRRG-B-B-pfhtth! I stalled. Of course I did. Right in the middle of the intersection blocking the dude too by they way. I did get it started and get moving relatively quickly but just not as quickly as I (and that guy) had hoped. Oh, and Bruce and Rene weren't home either. Hmph.

But enough of that stuf...I'm on VACATION! Hoo-frickin'-ray! I sooooo x10 need some time off. Luckily for me I have a giant zit on the very tip of my nose. Sexy stuff.

No comments: