Monday, July 28, 2008

Spaced & Stuff

I'm a little slow on the uptake on the whole Simon Pegg thing (just saw Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead this year) but I'm sold. So sold in fact that I just picked up the Spaced box set. I had never even heard of the show until this month (it just wasn't on my radar. Actually, mostly my radar is focused on single malt scotch but that's another story...mmmm Dalwhinnie). I stumbled across it while channel surfing on BBC America. I recorded a few and watched 'em with the Wiff. Such a funny show. It has great references to pop culture and the cast is perfect.

Speaking of which they must be on a big promotional tour because Simon and Jessica keep popping up on my shows (such as Attack of the Show, and The Soup). I can say that the show is really good and the DVD set is a good one to own. There is a little documentary on one of them about the making of the show (the show ran in 1999 I think. Hold please...I'm gonna check the always accurate and never half-assed researched Wikipedia...ok I'm back..I guess it was from '99 to 2001. Close enough). The commentaries are good too (with guest stars who are fans of the show along with the cast and director..one of the guests is Patton Oswalt). So what am I saying here? I guess I'm saying that if you want to borrow my DVDs then that's ok with me.

1 comment:

nbq said...

O.k. - I need to Netflix it I guess!