Monday, April 14, 2008

Why Am I Surprised?

The pen show was awful. Let me 'splain...I was hoping (and my sister Mary was also) that this would be like a art supply show or maybe even a coolio stationary store kind of vibe. But what it ended up being was a bunch of dudes (mostly dudes with a smattering of women) who are into COLLECTING pens. Yeah. Not really what I had in mind. I was looking for stuff like Kohn-i-Noor rapidograph pens (they're made for drafting but I use 'em for doodling) and my sister was looking for these fancy-pants pens that she uses in her art. We ended up doing one lap of the room and then bailing. Lame lame lame. Cost me $6 to walk around a hotel conference room once. These people were an odd bunch. We noticed that a lot of the guys were wearing these safari vests. Dunno why that is...more room for pens?

1 comment:

Scurvyann (Linda) said...

hahah - we both know someone that probably would have LOVED that show...kevin c.! he's into fountain pens. i like them too. but i don't think i'd go to a show. would kev? i think!!!