Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Could You Pass Me the Remote?

My vacation is over. I was on holiday from December 22nd through yesterday, January 3rd. Today I am back to my old routine and I gotta say; I'm not thrilled about it. During my vacation there were days where I was certainly quite busy. Either I was visiting with others or doing work around the house (not to mention the nearly 4 hours of shoveling I did on the 27th. I so wish I had a snow blower), but what I will remember most fondly from this time off was how I brought laziness to a whole new level. I'm talking sloth of epic proportions. I slept in most days and there were several days where I just stayed in and played video games while wearing my pajamas, pausing only to get more coffee and perhaps to bathe (I'm not an animal for crying out loud). It was glorious. If I had had a couple more days off, I think I could have reached a point where I could have become inanimate. The Wiff for the most part accepted my inertia and did not try to get me to actually do things. I appreciated that immensely. I needed this past couple of weeks of dormancy and now I'm ready to rejoin the living. I have a business trip to Miami coming up this month so here's hoping it's not 35°F and raining when I get there.

No comments: