Friday, September 5, 2008

Conversation Whiplash

Last night was the opening of Drawn to Detail, the show at the DeCordova Museum that my sister Mary is in. The turnout was really good and the show itself was excellent. I'd never been to the DeCordova before and it's an amazing space. There were a couple of exhibits in the show to which I was drawn (ha! see what I did there? with the "drawn" reference thing? no? moving on...). Laura Kim's stuff is gorgeous. Daniel Zeller has this attention to detail and a way of adding so much depth to his abstracts that I literally could have stood in front of them for hours. There's so much stuff to see in this show (which runs through January 2009) that I definitely recommend making the trip out to Lincoln, Ma.

Also, my Playstation 3 is back from the dead! After a harrowing 18 days of no Grand Theft Auto and a lot of weeping openly into my scotch, it is back! When I sent it back to Sony I was under the impression that they were just going to send me a different one but they just fixed mine and sent it back to me. I prefer that honestly. We've been through so much together that I'd feel cheap playing with different console (unless it's the Wii which also rules by the way). Plus, bonus! This weekend is supposed to be all rainy and gross so how's that for a reason to not bathe and play games in my own filth all weekend? Hooray!

No comments: