Monday, March 24, 2008

Stupid House and Easter

Last Friday (the 21st) there was a significant wind storm in these parts. Gusts up to a monkey's ass and stuff like that. At work I sit near a pretty large window and I could hear the wind howling and generally trying to impress. Trying too hard if you ask me. When we got home however, the wind had ripped a chunk of the roofing off of my house. Nice. Welcome home. Granted, this was a part of the roof that I already knew was crappy but I had been successfully ignoring it for almost 10 years. Well, I can ignore it no longer.

Observe:


This is the section of roof that is coming apart. The section that was in my driveway on Friday is (I'm assuming) the little L-shaped bit near the top of the picture. As you can see, a very large chunk is already missing. Hmmmm...why didn't anyone want my house again?

Now I have to call around to roofer guys and have them come out and walk around on my house. If I can get them to come out that is. I really only need this small roof replaced (the main roof is hunky-dory). I soooooo don't want to spend $3,000 on this. Stupid wind.

For Easter The Wiff and I went to our friend's place up in Swanzey, NH for dinner. We climbed into the trusty Volvo and headed out. Man, Rt. 2 is just chock full of jerkoffs. Y'know, gas is pretty damn expensive now so you'd think that perhaps people would be more apt to slow it down a bit and save some cash. Nope. I think everyone believes they're in a race or something. I mean, I get it, going fast can be fun but I'm just too much of a cheapskate to do it. Plus it's so damn stressful.

We got to their place around 1-ish and I was glad that we had come up for dinner. It was so mellow and nice as opposed to a "family dinner" which is generally tense and awkward. I had brought along my external hard drive (cuz I'm a goober) so that I could pilfer some music from them. They have I'm guessing twice as many CDs and LPs as we do...maybe more. I ended up ripping probably 25 CDs to MP3 and putting them right on the hard drive. Later I'll switch out my MP3 player with some of the new stuff. I get bored fairly quickly with my music selection. I'm all over the place too with my music tastes from rap to hardcore punk to pop to dance music and whatever else catches my ear. I just asked for whatever they could recommend and then took them at their word. I'm pretty excited to listen to the stuff. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

Amy Davis-O'Malley said...

Well, at least we haven't quit Angie's List yet...