Monday, March 17, 2008

Emerging From My Winter Sleep

'Sup? The Wiff and I are going to see The Pogues this Thursday at the Orpheum. I'm pretty psyched. I've been a fan for years but I have never seen them play live before. Unfortunately I will not be able to demonstrate my mad pogo skills since the Orpheum frowns upon dancing. Especially fat white guy dancing. Can't say I blames 'em.

On Saturday we ventured out to Shirley MA to hang out with some friends and I have to say, I'm kinda glad we didn't move out there. Maybe I only say this because my stupid house didn't sell. But with our jobs being in Cambridge, the commute would suck a lot of donkey balls. Even taking the train in wouldn't really make it much better. Lurch (my friend who's house we invaded on Sat.) commutes into Newton every damn day from Shirley and he seems to be maintaining his sanity. Of course, he owns his own business so he probably actually likes going to work. Bonus points: he owns a karate studio. He kicks people and they pay him. Hmph. I'm in the wrong business...stupid no eye/hand coordination.

Oh, the fireplace insert thing! I stoked that thing like a crazy person this weekend and I got the living room up to 68°. Pretty sweet.

No comments: