Monday, May 24, 2010

It'll Take Two Weeks

We are deep in the middle of the kitchen/pantry remodel project thing. It's...uh, stressful. I'll post pics and stuff when it's all done but let's just say that at the moment my house is a bit messy. All the stuff that's usually in the kitchen is now in the dining room and has spilled into the living room a little too. It resembles one of those houses you see on Hoarders minus the decomposing animals that is. Plus as a bonus this past weekend our modem shit the bed so we've been without internet access since Friday. It isn't a terrible thing but it is annoying. Verizon tells us that the new modem will be here on Tuesday. God, I guess I'm going to have to like, talk to the Wiff and stuff until then. Oh wait, there's still TV. Whew!

So what else is going on? The Wiff and I went to see Bill Burr play at the Wilbur Theater a couple weeks ago. I'd only seen him on his specials on TV and I've been a faithful listener to his Monday Morning Podcast for a while now. This was the first time seeing him perform live and it was a really good show. The opener was Joe DeRosa (who works with Bill on the Uninformed Radio Show) and he was really good too. I'd only heard him on the radio so to see him perform was cool. We took the train into the city (Blue line to the Orange line) and that was a mistake. We should never have transferred to the Orange line. That line is just packed to the gills with people with whom I'd rather not be in an enclosed metal tube. The Blue line is no picnic either by the by. Standing on the platform at State Street with the stale urine smell wafting by my nostrils and being forced to listen to inane conversations going on around me made me wish that we had driven into Boston. But the parking situation in the theater district is enough to give me fits so the only option really was the T.

After the show we decided that we'd just walk up Tremont Street to Government Center and skip the whole Orange line transfer nonsense completely. That was a much better idea. Although walking up Tremont Street on a Friday night is pretty annoying too. You kind of have to do the drunk-college-kid/lost-tourist/suburbanites-in-to-see-a-show hurdle in order to maintain any semblance of forward motion on the sidewalk. Normally I walk at a pretty slow pace but I guess I had shifted into another gear cuz the Wiff said she had a hard time keeping up with me. Look lady, I'm old and fat but I can move if I have to. We made it back to the car which was parked at Wonderland, picked up a pizza at Bianchi's, and listened to the Bruins lose in overtime to the Flyers. Who knew they would go on to lose 4 in a row and be eliminated? Schmucks.

Now I have to root for the Flyers to eliminate the Canadians. Ultimately I think I want to see the Blackhawks win it this year but honestly, the wind is out of my sails now. I'm still watching the games but the huge choke that the Bruins let happen still stings. Ah well. At least the games are still fun to watch.

Oh, and my iTunes did something wonky the other day. I have approximately 8,500 songs on my home computer and suddenly I had over 23,000. It had made doubles and sometimes triples of the MP3 files and in the process, wiped out all the cover art for the albums. I was pissed. So now I have to do the tedious and time consuming chore of pruning the files, making sure that they are the correct ones, and updating and/or downloading the cover art for all my music files. It sucks balls and I don't want to do it. I have my iTunes pointing to a removable hard drive thing and I guess the settings got ... oh who cares? You certainly don't. All I know is that I have to spend a stupid amount of time fixing this. I miss vinyl.

No comments: